This vegan BLT potato salad is truly the best of both worlds! It tastes like a smokey classic potato salad, then with the addition of vegan bacon, tomatoes, romaine lettuce, and pickles! It is super fun, very quick and easy to make, and of course, delicious. So, if you need a side dish to bring to a get-together, such as the 4th of July or a potluck, bring this vegan potato salad! I guarantee it’ll be a huge hit!
BLT + Potato Salad
I’m sure you know what a BLT is, but if not, it is a bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich. It is typically built on white bread with mayonnaise. It’s a very popular American sandwich, and it’s delicious! I love BLTs and potato salad, so I thought, why not combine the two!?
This vegan BLT potato salad is a smokey flavored classic potato salad with vegan bacon, cherry tomatoes, pickles, onions, and romaine lettuce tossed in. It is seriously delicious and addicting! It makes for an awesome side dish to bring to any get-together, picnic, or simply a side dish to enjoy with your lunch or dinner at home!
This Recipe is Easy
This potato salad takes me around 30 minutes of prep work. First, I chop and boil tri-colored baby potatoes, toss them in white vinegar, and set them aside to cool. Meanwhile, as the potatoes are cooking, I chop all the ingredients, such as cherry tomatoes, pickles, and romaine lettuce, to name a few. I also chop and cook my vegan bacon and prepare the dressing. The dressing consists of mayonnaise, ground mustard, relish, and a few other ingredients such as seasonings. Lastly, I add everything into a large bowl and toss until well combined. It is a relatively quick and very easy recipe to prepare!
More Recipes Perfect for Holidays, BBQs, Get-Togethers, Etc.!
- Vegan Chili Cheese Pigs in a Blanket
- Vegan Cheeseburger Dip
- Vegan Watermelon Salsa
- Vegan Beer Cheese Fondue
- Vegan French Onion Dip
- Vegan Salsa Con Queso
- Vegan Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Vegan Taco Dip
- Vegan Italian Cheesesteak Sliders
If you make my plant-based BLT potato salad or any of my recipes, don’t forget to post a picture to Instagram, tag me @chefsummerstorm, and #gardengrub so I can see your recreation!
How to make BLT Vegan Potato Salad
- 4 cups tri-colored baby potatoes, quartered
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 12 slices Lightlife vegan bacon, cooked and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup dill pickles, halved, plus more for garnishing
- 6 green onions (Use the whole onion minus the root), small chopped, plus more for garnishing
- 1/4 cup chives, finely chopped, plus more for garnishing
- 1 heart of romaine, largely chopped
- Add the quartered baby potatoes to a large pot and fill it with water at least 1 inch above the potatoes. Place the pot over high heat, season with a heavy pinch of salt, and bring the water up to a boil. Once the potatoes are boiling, turn the heat down to medium and cook at a low boil for roughly 7 to 9 minutes, or until the potatoes are perfectly fork-tender.
- Drain the potatoes and place them in a large mixing bowl. Toss them with the white vinegar, and set aside until completely cool.
- Add all ingredients to a small mixing bowl and stir until evenly combined.
How to Assemble
- Add all of the 'Base' ingredients to the bowl of potatoes, except for the romaine lettuce. Also, add in all of the dressing. Stir until evenly combined.
- Then, just before serving, gently stir in the chopped romaine lettuce.
- Garnish with a few pickle slices, a sprinkling of smoked paprika, and a large pinch of chopped green onions and chives.