If you like enchiladas but can’t be bothered with the effort it takes to make them; you NEED to give this dip a try! This recipe is very simple to make, and it takes me less than fifteen minutes to prepare! With basic kitchen staples, you can have my crowd-pleasing vegan green chile chicken enchilada dip in no time!
I’m not a big football fan, nor am I a partier, BUT if I were, I would most definitely be making this for all get-togethers I’d be attending. Finger foods are my jam. Sometimes all I want for dinner is a plethora of appetizers! (I actually made an all appetizers dinner with my BFF the other day, and it was the best thing I’ve done in a while, haha.)
Anyways, I think most of us can agree that enchiladas are delicious, but that they’re also slightly tedious and time-consuming. Double also, they don’t make for the best finger food, which I feel is what most people want when at a party. That’s where this vegan green chile chicken enchilada dip comes in handy! This dip is ultra-creamy, cheesy, and slightly spicy. Might I also add that it is addicting? Because it most definitely is, you will have a VERY hard time stopping yourself from snacking on it.
I make the base of this enchilada dip with vegan cream cheese, vegan sour cream, shredded vegan colby jack, and green enchilada sauce. Then I combine it with vegan chicken, green chiles, TABASCO green jalapeno sauce, jalapeno, scallions, and taco seasoning. This dish takes me less than fifteen minutes to prepare, and then the rest of the magic happens in the oven! I then serve the enchilada dip with Fritos, but tortilla chips work great as well. Oh, and it also tastes good cold, although I prefer eating it straight from the oven.
Please do you and your loved ones a favor and give this dip a try. It’s one of my new favorite recipes, and I hope it becomes one of yours too! If you make my vegan green chile chicken enchilada dip recipe, don’t forget to post a picture to Instagram, tag me @chefsummerstorm, and #gardengrub so I can see your recreation!
Vegan Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Dip
- 2 cups cooked vegan chicken, small chopped (I used Gardein's meatless chick'n strips!)
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese (I use Kite Hill's)
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream (I use Kite Hill's)
- 1/4 cup green enchilada sauce (I use Siete's)
- One 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 2 tbsp TABASCO green pepper sauce
- 1/2 jalapeno, minced
- 2 tbsp green onions, small chopped
- Half of a 1-ounce taco seasoning packet (Roughly 2 1/2 tbsp)
- 1 1/2 cup shredded vegan colby jack cheese, divided into 1 cup and 1/2 cup (I use Violife's, but you can also use any vegan cheddar instead!)
- Neutral flavored cooking oil spray
- Cook your vegan chicken according to its package instructions and lightly season it with a pinch of salt and pepper while cooking. Then, chop it into small pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9-inch by 6-inch shallow, rectangular glass dish with cooking oil spray.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add the vegan chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, green enchilada sauce, green chiles, TABASCO green pepper sauce, minced jalapeno, chopped green onions, taco seasoning, and 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Stir until well combined.
- Evenly distribute the dip into the greased baking dish and sprinkle over the other 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Bake the dip on the middle oven rack for 30, rotating the dish halfway through.
- Enjoy with Fritos or tortilla chips!
SAVE THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST!