If you like jalapeno poppers, then you MUST try this recipe! It is effortless to make and so versatile. It’s creamy, cheesy, slightly spicy, with a hint of smokiness. I often use it as a dip for pretzels and crackers or as an additional spread for the inside of sandwiches. This vegan jalapeno popper dip is a fun and unique change from the typical dips most of us are all used to and perhaps even bored of.
Less than 10 ingredients and 10 minutes are all this recipe takes!
To make this dip, I mince jalapenos and thinly slice green onions. I then toss them into a bowl along with vegan cream cheese, shredded vegan cheddar cheese, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. I stir everything until well combined, and that’s it! It’s that simple.
What can I eat this dip with?
I gravitate towards using this as a dip for pretzels and as a spread on crackers. Or, I’ll create a VEGAN JALAPENO AND BACON GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH with it! I am shouting because I decided to add a written recipe for this grilled cheese sandwich to go along with the dip. It’s THAT good!
For the jalapeno popper and bacon grilled cheese, I fill it with slices of cheddar cheese, the jalapeno popper dip, slices of jalapeno, and smoky vegan bacon. I cook it with vegan butter until the cheese is nice and melty and the bread is golden brown and crispy. It is a sandwich you DON’T want to miss. It’s speedy and easy to throw together, looks like food porn, and tastes remarkable. You can find it written right alongside the dip recipe!
If you’re planning on making this grilled cheese sandwich, if you have the extra time on your hands, my 4-Ingredient Easy Homemade Bread would go perfectly with it! It’s an awesome recipe for bread beginners, and it tastes remarkable.
Feel free to warm the dip in the oven!
This dip tastes delicious straight from the oven. The cheddar cheese melts, and the cream cheese gets nice and bubbly, making it perfect for dipping crackers and pretzels. If I plan on baking the dip, I will mix chopped vegan bacon into it. Then, before popping it into the oven, I sprinkle the top with a simple buttery parmesan breadcrumb topping. This cheesy goodness can be baked with or without the breadcrumb topping; it is delicious both ways and a personal preference!
If you make my vegan jalapeno popper dip or the bacon grilled cheese sandwich, don’t forget to post a picture to Instagram, tag me @chefsummerstorm, and #gardengrub so I can see your recreation!
How to Make Easy Vegan Jalapeno Popper Dip
Jalapeno Popper Dip
- One 8 ounce container (1 cup) plain vegan cream cheese (I used the brand Kite Hill)
- 1/2 cup favorite shredded vegan cheddar cheese
- 2-3 jalapenos (seeds and veins removed and discarded), minced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (use the whole onion except for the last inch with the root)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- *Optional: 4 slices vegan bacon, cooked and cut into small pieces (I use the Hickory and Sage Benevolent Bacon by the brand Sweet Earth. I also only add this into the dip if I don't plan on using the dip in the bacon grilled cheese sandwich!)
*Optional: Breadcrumb Topping (If you want to enjoy the dip warmed!)
- 1/4 cup plain panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp vegan parmesan, grated (I use Follow Your Heart's)
- 1 tbsp vegan butter, melted
One Jalapeno Popper & Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Add all of the jalapeno popper dip ingredients into a small mixing bowl and stir until evenly combined.
Breadcrumb Topping + How to Bake the Dip
- Stir the breadcrumb topping ingredients together until well combined.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Evenly distribute the dip in a small oven-safe dish. I used a 9-inch by 6-inch shallow, rectangular glass dish.
- Evenly distribute the breadcrumb topping across the dip.
- Bake the dip on the middle oven rack for 20 minutes, rotating it halfway through. NOTE: You can skip the breadcrumb topping and still bake the dip if you'd like! I would recommend covering the dip with tin foil and then still bake it for 20 minutes.
Jalapeno Popper & Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Place a large saute pan over medium/medium-low heat.
- Spread one tablespoon of vegan butter onto one side of each piece of bread.
- Place both of the pieces of bread, butter side down, into the warmed saute pan.
- Cut the three slices of the cheese in half to give you six halves. Place three halves on each slice of bread.
- On top of one slice of bread, spread the jalapeno popper dip over the pieces of cheese.
- Then, top the dip with the slices of jalapeno and then the pieces of cooked vegan bacon.
- Place a lid over the saute pan and cook the open-faced sandwich for a few minutes until the vegan cheese has completely melted and the bread's undersides are golden brown and crispy.
- Then, lift the piece of bread with just the slices of cheese on it, and flip it over the other slice of bread holding everything else.
- Gently press the sandwich down ever so slightly. Cut it in half and enjoy!