Why oh why has it seriously taken me this long to create a vegan taco dip recipe!? I’m screaming at myself because this stuff is DELICIOUS! It’s also beyond easy and quick to make, too!
8 Ingredients and 15 Minutes
First, I beat vegan cream cheese until it is slightly fluffy. Whipping the cream cheese makes the dip lighter and more comfortable to scoop into the dip with the chips. Then I fold in vegan sour cream and a packet of taco seasoning. This mixture is the base of the taco dip.
I then top the dip with shredded lettuce, shredded vegan cheddar cheese, diced tomato, and sliced black olives and green onions. That is it! This vegan taco dip is one of those recipes where it’s almost too good to be true because it is effortless to prepare yet insanely tasty!
I am aware that that is a pretty obvious statement. But I also want to give you the confidence in knowing the dip will still taste great if you adjust the toppings. For example, if you hate olives, skip them! Or, if you want to make this dip a bit more on the spicy side, add diced jalapeno into the actual dip itself or on top. Feel free to even add more or less of a specific ingredient. I am obsessed with green onions. So sometimes, I find myself adding another handful on top halfway through the dip being eaten.
Tastes Just Like the Real Thing!
Even my non-vegan, picky family LOVED this! They said they couldn’t even tell it was vegan, and nearly the whole dish was gone with the snap of a finger. If you have a get together soon or a holiday party, I think this would be a great recipe to whip up. People love dips, and I am confident this recipe will seriously be a hit!
If you’re looking for another recipe to go along with this vegan taco dip, check out my Vegan Enchilada Meatballs. This recipe is super fun and goes along perfectly with the taco dip. I spiced the meatballs with taco seasonings, cooked them in red enchilada sauce with black beans and corn, and melted vegan cheeses on top. Delicious!
If you make this vegan taco dip, don’t forget to post a picture to Instagram, tag me @chefsummerstorm, and #gardengrub so I can see your recreation!
The Best and Easiest Vegan Taco Dip Recipe Ever
- 1 cup vegan cream cheese (I used one 8 ounce container of Kite Hill's plain cream cheese.)
- 1 1/2 cups vegan sour cream (I used Kite Hill's.)
- One packet of your favorite taco seasoning (I used Siete's 1.31 ounce packet of spicy taco seasoning.)
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- 1 cup of your favorite vegan shredded cheddar cheese (I used the brand Violife.)
- 1 cup tomato, small diced
- 1 cup large black olives, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- Add the vegan cream cheese to a medium-sized mixing bowl and beat with a handheld mixer on medium-low speed for 2 minutes to fluff it up. Alternatively, you could whisk this by hand; it may just take a bit longer.
- Add the vegan sour cream and taco seasoning packet into the whipped cream cheese. Fold this mixture together with a rubber spatula or a mixing spoon until well combined.
- Scrape that mixture into a 10" round glass baking dish or something of a similar size; make sure the container isn't much smaller, or it will be awkward to dip the chips in and get pieces of all of the toppings at once!
- Now, sprinkle each topping over the mixture. First, sprinkle over the shredded lettuce, followed by the cheese, then the tomatoes, black olives, and green onions. Easy-peasy!