How to Make Vegan Beer Cheese Fondue
This recipe creates the BEST vegan fondue! It tastes very cheesy, slightly tangy and salty, and is super velvety in texture! I love making a batch of this for get-togethers because it’s an easy self-serve appetizer that looks fun and tastes incredible. Sometimes, I even make this for myself if I want an indulgent dinner! This vegan beer cheese fondue needs to be on your list of recipes to try ASAP.
Quick & Easy
This vegan beer cheese fondue is very easy and quick to make. It only takes me around 15 minutes to make, and most of the work is standing there stirring the ingredients! First, I heat soy milk, miso paste, shredded vegan cheddar cheese, flour, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper in a saucepan, stirring until a cheese sauce has formed. Then, I remove it from the heat and add baking soda and vegan IPA beer. The baking soda gives the vegan fondue velocity because it creates airy volume. And the beer, of course, gives it a beer flavor! Into a fondue pot, it goes, and that’s it. It’s really as simple as it sounds!
What to Dip in the Vegan Beer Cheese Fondue
You can serve it with ANYTHING that you think would hold up well (AKA foods that will not fall apart from a skewer in thick cheese dip) and ones that would taste delicious paired with cheese! Think vegan meats, steamed veggies, pieces of bread, and even some fruit! I’ve listed below my FAVE foods to pair with my vegan beer cheese.
- Bread: Chunks of French baguette, sourdough, bagels, pretzels
- Vegan meats: Sausage, meatballs, chicken
- Roasted potato wedges
- Steamed vegetables: Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, bell peppers, zucchini, yellow squash
- Roasted mushrooms
- Green apple cubes
If you make my vegan beer cheese fondue recipe (or any of my recipes!), don’t forget to post a picture to Instagram, tag me @chefsummerstorm, and #gardengrub so I can see your recreation!
How to Make Vegan Beer Cheese Fondue
- 3/4 cup soy milk, plain and unsweetened
- 1 tsp sweet white miso paste
- 2 cups shredded vegan white cheddar cheese (I use Chao's creamy original shreds)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp vegan IPA beer of choice (I use Voodoo Ranger's Imperial IPA)
- Add the soy milk and miso paste to a medium-sized saucepan.
- To a mixing bowl, add the shredded cheese, flour, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper and toss to combine evenly and to somewhat coat the shreds of cheese.
- Dump all of that cheese mixture into the saucepan, place it over medium/medium-low heat (I set the burner to 4 out 10), and stir to combine.
- Cook for about 8 minutes or until all cheese is completely melted and smooth, stirring constantly. *When most of the cheese is melted, stir more vigorously as this will help make the fondue smooth.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the baking soda, and stir well to combine.
- Lastly, add the beer to the pan and stir well to combine. *Do NOT cook the beer whatsoever. The beer needs to be added at the very end and OFF the heat; otherwise, it makes the fondue extremely bitter. The fondue does not become bitter in a fondue set at low temperature since it is only resting at a slightly warmer temperature and isn't cooking.
- If you have a fondue set, you can keep the fondue in there over low heat. Otherwise, eat immediately while still hot.
- Serve with cubed bread of choice, seared vegan sausage slices, chunks of green apple, roasted potato wedges, steamed broccoli and/or anything you think would taste good dipped in cheese!!
SAVE THIS RECIPE TO PINTEREST!