How to Make Vegan Cheeseburger Dip
Move over, big mac! There’s a funner and cruelty-free version of you in town! Haha. No, but seriously, this vegan cheeseburger dip tastes like a big mac, is way more fun to eat, and is extremely easy to prepare! It makes for a fabulous appetizer for any get-together, such as a potluck, cookout, or holiday, and will surely win over everyone’s tastebuds.
Cheeseburger . . . Dip?
Listen, I know how weird a cheeseburger dip may sound, but I can assure you this dish is insanely delicious! First, I bake a layer of vegan cream cheese with shredded vegan cheeses and seasoned vegan ground beef until warm and bubbly. Then, I top it with classic burger toppings and a special sauce, which, by the way, tastes nearly identical to the big mac sauce!
I love serving this vegan cheeseburger dip with kettle potato chips, but pita chips also work great! This is an entertaining way to jazz up a get-together where people will probably bring classic (some may say boring) appetizers. It’s so cheesy, meaty, and delicious that I guarantee you even non-vegans will find themselves going back for more!
Customize the Dip
Feel free to change up the toppings! Think of your favorite burger… what toppings does it have? For example, suppose you love a bbq bacon cheeseburger with crispy onion rings. In that case, you can top the cheesy burger base with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, chopped bacon, bbq mayo, and crispy onions! How DELISH does that sound!?
More Recipes Perfect for Holidays, BBQs, Get-Togethers, Etc.!
- Vegan Chili Cheese Pigs in a Blanket
- Vegan BLT Potato Salad
- Vegan Watermelon Salsa
- Vegan Beer Cheese Fondue
- Vegan French Onion Dip
- Vegan Salsa Con Queso
- Vegan Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Vegan Taco Dip
- Vegan Italian Cheesesteak Sliders
If you make my vegan cheeseburger dip or any of my recipes, don’t forget to post a picture to Instagram, tag me @chefsummerstorm, and #gardengrub so I can see your recreation!
How to Make Vegan Cheeseburger Dip
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- One 16 ounce package Beyond Meat plant-based ground
- 1 tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Two 8 ounce packages Kite Hill cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Daiya Mexican shreds
- 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp dill pickle brine
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, thinly chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato, small diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, small diced
- 1/2 cup dill pickle, small diced
- Place a large saute pan over medium heat. Once hot, add in the oil, followed by the plant-based ground. "Chop" it up into smaller pieces with your cooking utensil, such as a wooden spoon.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper to the plant-based ground, stir well, and cook until mostly cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Evenly spread across the cream cheese in a 9" by 9" baking dish. *NOTE: The photos in this blog post show a half-time batch/smaller baking dish.
- Then, evenly distribute across 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese, followed by all of the cooked plant-based ground, then the other 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Place the dish on the middle oven rack and cook for 20 minutes, rotating the dish halfway through.
- Add all ingredients to a small dish and whisk until smooth.
- Allow the cheesy beef mixture to cool for roughly 5 minutes, then top with the lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles, and all of the special sauce.
- Serve with kettle potato chips or pita chips!