This recipe’s title may sound a bit odd, but it is the BEST of both worlds. If you love garlicky cheese pizza and Caesar salads, then definitely give this recipe a try. It truly isn’t an odd combination when you think about it. Caesar salads traditionally get croutons. So, think of it as the cheesy garlic flatbread replacing the croutons. My Caesar salad vegan flatbread pizza is so much more fun than eating just a salad. Give it a try; I think you will absolutely love it!
This vegan flatbread pizza is easy and quick to make!
First, I whip up a quick vegan garlic butter by sauteing butter, garlic, and a pinch of salt. I brush it over a piece of my Homemade Vegan Naan. Then, I toss together shredded vegan mozzarella, parmesan, and garlic powder. (Garlic is an obsession of mine, if you couldn’t already tell!) I sprinkle this cheesy mixture on top of the naan and then bake it until the cheese is perfectly melted.
I toss together romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, red onion, my BEST EVER Homemade Vegan Caesar Dressing, and shredded vegan parmesan for the Caesar salad. This salad is customizable according to your likings. For example, if you hate raw onion, skip it!
Once the pizza is finished baking, I cut it into squares, pile on top the Caesar salad, and garnish it with more parmesan as well as fresh cracked black pepper.
While you can 100% use store-bought vegan naan and vegan caesar dressing, I highly recommend making mine!
My VEGAN NAAN RECIPE is easy, especially if you have a standing mixer, and SO delicious. It is fluffy, soft, and chewy. It’s relatively neutral in flavor with a kick of tang because of the use of vegan yogurt. This vegan flatbread is perfect for creating pizzas as well as dipping them into certain dishes, such as curry.
My VEGAN CAESAR DRESSING RECIPE is one that NEEDS to be added to your list of recipes to make ASAP. It is one thousand times better than any store-bought one I have tried. I also think it completely knocks other people’s recipes out of the park, as I have tried several other ones in the past. My vegan Caesar dressing is incredibly flavorful and authentic tasting. It is thick and creamy, as I was always disappointed by watery dressings in the past.
If you make my Caesar salad vegan flatbread pizza, don’t forget to post a picture to Instagram, tag me @chefsummerstorm, and #gardengrub so I can see your recreation!
Incredible Caesar Salad Vegan Flatbread Pizza
- 1 flatbread/naan (I use my vegan naan recipe from this blog-it is about 8 inches in diameter)
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tbsp fresh garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- Tiny pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup favorite shredded vegan mozzarella (I used Violife's)
- 1/4 cup favorite vegan parmesan (I used Follow Your Heart's)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 cup romaine lettuce, small chopped
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp red onion, thinly julienned
- 1-2 tbsp favorite vegan caesar dressing (I use my vegan caesar dressing recipe from this blog)
- 1 tbsp vegan parmesan, plus more for sprinkling on top
- Add the ingredients into a small saute pan and place over medium/medium-low heat.
- Cook the ingredients for about 3-4 minutes, or until the garlic is soft.
- Toss the ingredients together well in a bowl.
- Add the romaine lettuce and Caesar dressing into a bowl and toss well.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and gently toss to coat everything.
How to Prepare, Cook, and Assemble the Flatbread Pizza
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a sheet pan with a piece of parchment paper. Set the naan or flatbread on top.
- Evenly distribute the garlic butter over the entire flatbread.
- Evenly distribute the cheese topping over the entire flatbread.
- Place the sheet pan with the flatbread on the middle oven rack and bake it for 12 minutes. You may cook it a bit longer if you like your pizza firmer and crunchier.
- Allow the pizza to cool down ever so slightly. Then, cut it into your desired amount of pieces. I always cut mine into 6 squares.
- Top the pieces of pizza with the Caesar salad. Sprinkle on top a bit more parmesan and fresh cracked black pepper, if so desired!