This kale and quinoa salad is my new go-to because it is healthy, easy, relatively quick to make, full of flavor, and super versatile! I love eating it on its own, but it’s also amazing served inside a wrap or sandwich. I even think if you’re not a huge fan of kale or quinoa, you would still enjoy this salad because it’s THAT good! So, if you’re looking for a new recipe to obsess over, you’ve got to try this vegan kale and quinoa salad!
This Kale Quinoa Salad is Quick and Easy
This salad is easy and relatively quick to make! It takes me around 30 minutes from start to finish. The most time-consuming part is waiting for the quinoa to cook and cool down.
First, I massage kale with olive oil, lemon juice, a few seasonings, and freshly minced garlic. Then I gently massage in A LOT of nutritional yeast (this adds a ton of flavor and vitamins), avocado, red onion, and sundried tomatoes. The avocado adds a buttery creaminess to the salad without making it feel too heavy! Lastly, I stir in quinoa and vegan feta cheese crumbles.
This vegan kale and quinoa salad is savory, earthy, slightly tangy, and packed with flavor. I love topping it with protein, such as sliced vegan chicken or tofu, roasted sweet potato, or serving it inside a wrap or sandwich with more veggies! This salad is very versatile, making it one of my favorite recipes to make!
Check Out These Other Tasty Salad Recipes!
- Vegan Quinoa Salad with Texas Caviar
- Vegan Chickpea Chicken Salad
- Vegan BLT Potato Salad
- High-Protein Vegan Tofu Salad
- Cold Vegan Soba Noodle Salad
- Realistic Vegan Tuna Salad
- Meal Prep Vegan Poke Salad Jars
- Cashew Curry Vegan Chicken Salad
If you make my vegan kale quinoa salad or any of my recipes, don’t forget to post a picture to Instagram, tag me @chefsummerstorm, and #gardengrub so I can see your recreation!
The Best Vegan Kale and Quinoa Salad
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Half of a 16 ounce bag of kale (Roughly 5 packed cups torn kale, stems removed)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 10 sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup vegan feta cheese, crumbled
- Cook your quinoa according to its package instructions. Typically, you will rinse the quinoa until the water runs clear. Then, bring water to a boil, add in the salt and quinoa, stir, reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Once the quinoa has finished cooking, fluff it with a fork and lay it on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Place the pan in the fridge to cool down completely before adding it to the kale salad.
- Add the kale, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and minced garlic to a large mixing bowl. Massage the kale roughly 20-25 times, or until the kale is much "softer."
- Add the nutritional yeast, avocado, diced red onion, and sundried tomatoes to the kale and lightly massage everything until the nutritional yeast is no longer visible and the avocado is in smaller pieces.
- Lastly, add in the cooled-down quinoa and vegan feta cheese. Gently toss everything together.
- Serve with your favorite protein, such as vegan chicken or tofu, or serve inside a wrap or sandwich with your favorite toppings. Get creative because this salad is versatile!