This recipe is my lazy method for creating vegan jalapeno poppers. I stuff jalapeno halves with a creamy cheese filling, top them with a buttery breading, and air fry them until tender and crispy. If you want an easy and quick snack, you’ve got to try these air-fried vegan jalapeno poppers!
Ready in 20 Minutes!
These vegan jalapeno poppers are super easy to prepare and only take about 20 minutes to make, from start to finish! First, I whip up an easy filling which consists of cream cheese, cheddar cheese, green onions, and a few seasonings, all vegan, of course! Then I stuff jalapeno halves, top them with a buttery breading, and air fry them until they’re tender and golden brown and crispy on top. Finally, I serve them with a raspberry jam because you can’t beat the savory-sweet combo!
These jalapeno poppers only take me about 10 minutes to whip up and another 10 in the air fryer. They are much easier to make than traditional stuffed poppers, too. Traditional poppers are not cut in half, so you’re stuck trying to core out the inside while keeping the jalapeno intact. Then, you have somehow to squeeze a bunch of filling into the tiny opening, bread the entire waxy-like jalapeno skin, and deep-fry them. It’s really a whole tedious task that I just can’t be bothered with most days that I crave jalapeno poppers. So, that’s why I’ve created my lazy girl method!
Spicy, Savory, & Sweet
These vegan jalapeno poppers hit all my taste buds in the right way! First of all, they’re perfectly spicy (because jalapenos, duh.) The seasonings and green onions add the perfect amount of savoriness, and if you’re brave and dunk the poppers into raspberry jam, you’ve got the perfect touch of sweetness! Which, by the way, if you’re not dipping your jalapeno poppers into raspberry jam, PLEASE DO. It is the best combo!
If you make my air fried jalapeno poppers or any of my recipes, don’t forget to post a picture to Instagram, tag me @chefsummerstorm, and #gardengrub so I can see your recreation!
Easy Air Fried Vegan Jalapeno Poppers
- 4 large jalapenos
- 1 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- Raspberry jam
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and stir until evenly combined.
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and stir until evenly combined. *Wait to make the breading until after you've made the filling and stuffed the jalapenos.
How to Assemble and Cook the Jalapeno Poppers
- Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the jalapenos in half the long way. Scrape out the inside seeds and veins, and discard them. If you want the poppers to be extra spicy, feel free to leave some of the seeds in the jalapeno.
- Evenly distribute the filling amongst the jalapeno halves.
- Evenly distribute the breading on top of the filling and lightly press it down.
- Place the jalapeno halves in your air fryer; depending on how tender you want them, air fry them for 8 to 10 minutes, rotating them halfway through.
- Eat alone, or serve with a dipping sauce such as raspberry jam!