This vegan tofu salad is high in protein, easy and quick to make, and can be eaten in many different ways! It’s flavorful but not overpowering, making it enjoyable over a bed of greens, in a wrap, as a sandwich… there are so many options! So if you’re looking for a simple, healthy, high-protein meal, give this tofu salad a try!
High-Protein Tofu Salad
This vegan tofu salad has just under 90 grams of protein in one batch. If you get six portions out of the batch, this breaks down to about 15 grams per serving. Of course, keep in mind that this amount will fluctuate if you use different brands of products than me. For this tofu salad, there is, of course, protein from the tofu, but there’s also protein from the hummus that I add. I love using hummus instead of mayonnaise(which many recipes call for in salads like this one) because it’s a healthier, high-protein alternative. Plus, the hummus adds a nice texture and flavor too!
Then, depending on what you serve your tofu salad with, the protein count may go up even higher. My FAVE way to eat this salad is in a wrap. I opt for a sprouted whole-grain wrap, such as this one, and I fill it with spinach, the tofu salad, tomato and cucumber slices, a sprinkling of salt and pepper, shredded carrots, and alfalfa sprouts. The wrap has seven grams of protein, and the veggies have another 1 or 2 grams. So, in total, one wrap can equal around 24 grams of protein!
Easy and Quick to Make
First, I finely crumble high-protein tofu in a mixing bowl. Then, I add a container of store-bought lemon hummus (you can use homemade if you don’t mind the extra elbow grease), followed by finely chopped red bell pepper, red onion, celery, and lemon juice, salt, and pepper. This recipe contains only eight ingredients, nothing uncommon, and ones you may already have in your kitchen. It takes me around 20 to 25 minutes to put together, and it makes enough for me to enjoy throughout the week!
- Over a bed of mixed greens tossed in your favorite salad dressing
- In a wrap with spinach, sliced tomatoes and cucumber, shredded carrots, and alfalfa sprouts
- In a sandwich with mashed avocado, mixed greens, sliced tomatoes and cucumber, and alfalfa sprouts
- As a snack with crackers or cucumber slices
If you make any of my recipes, don’t forget to post a picture to Instagram, tag me @chefsummerstorm, and #gardengrub so I can see your recreation!
How to Make High Protein Vegan Tofu Salad
- 16 ounce package high-protein tofu
- 8 ounce container favorite hummus (I use Whole Food's 365 lemon or jalapeno hummus!)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Drain and rinse off your tofu. Crumble it into a bowl into tiny pieces.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the tofu and stir until evenly combined.
- Enjoy over a bed of greens, in a wrap, or as a sandwich! My favorite way to eat the tofu salad is in a wrap with greens, tomato, cucumber, carrot, and alfalfa sprouts!