This vegan omelette is so easy to make, and it quickly comes together with just a few ingredients! It looks, feels, and tastes similar to an egg omelette but without cruelty. That’s a win-win in my book! So if you’ve been craving an omelette and want to cut back on your egg consumption, or are just looking for a tasty new recipe, then try my easy vegan omelette!
You may be wondering what ingredients make a vegan omelette. While there are a few different ways to make it, this way is my go-to because it is quick, easy, and cheap. The base of my vegan omelette is chickpea flour, which is made of pure ground-up chickpeas. I then whisk it with nutritional yeast, baking powder, a few seasonings, and water. The most important seasoning in this recipe is kala namak black salt. Unfortunately, it is hard to come by in stores, so I always order it from Amazon. Click here to see the one I always buy! The black salt gives this vegan omelette an eggy smell and flavor, and I highly recommend not skipping it.
It takes Less Than 10 Minutes to Make
This vegan omelette recipe takes me less than ten minutes to make from start to finish! First, I saute whatever fillings I’d like. While that is cooking, I quickly whisk the vegan omelette ingredients together until smooth. I then remove the filling from the pan and pour in the vegan omelette batter. Next, I cover and cook it until the top is primarily dry, fill one-half side with my filling, and fold the other side over. Then I love topping it with avocado slices and hot sauce for extra moisture, texture, and flavor! This vegan omelette doesn’t taste and feel EXACTLY like an egg omelette, but the texture is still great, and it has a hint of eggy flavor! Plus, no animals were harmed in the making, which is the most important thing to me!
This Vegan Omelette:
- is cheap
- is quick and easy to make
- is healthy
- has an eggy flavor
- is customizable by adding additional spices to the batter and from the many different fillings you can use
- is obviously delicious!!!
If you make my vegan omelette or any of my recipes, don’t forget to post a picture to Instagram, tag me @chefsummerstorm, and #gardengrub so I can see your recreation!
The Best Vegan Omelette Recipe
- 1 tsp cooking oil of choice (I typically use olive oil or coconut oil!)
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp kala namak black salt (This ingredient is very important. It is what gives the omelette its eggy smell and flavor. If you can't find or order it, swap it out for another 1/8 tsp kosher salt.)
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup water
- First, prepare whatever filling you would like. I love sauteeing mushrooms and spinach! Set it aside.
- Now, add all of the recipe ingredients, except for the oil, to a small bowl, and with a fork, whisk until smooth.
- Place a large non-stick saute pan over medium heat. Once hot, evenly coat the pan with the oil.
- Pour the omelette batter into the center of the pan, turn the heat down to medium-low, and either pick up the pan and gently tilt it around or use a small spoon to gently spread the top out, so the omelette is a little bigger and thinner.
- If you're adding vegan cheese, add it to one-half side now, then place a lid on the pan and cook the omelette for about 2 minutes, or just until the top is mostly dry.
- With a spatula, gently loosen the outer edges. Then top the one-half side where the vegan cheese is with your desired filling, and gently fold the opposite side onto the filling. Then I love topping it with fresh avocado and lots of hot sauce for added moisture, texture, and flavor! Enjoy!