Fresh, light, and a little spicy, this pineapple ginger beer mocktail is a great booze-free drink year-round! I make it with only seven ingredients in under ten minutes. So hop down to the recipe, get your list of ingredients, and make this pineapple ginger beer mocktail this week. You won’t regret it!
What is a Mocktail?
A mocktail is a non-alcoholic drink meant to mimic a craft cocktail! They’re typically made with the same tools and techniques as cocktails, just without the alcohol. Mocktails are great when you want to cut back on alcohol but want to avoid sipping on a boring soda or feeling left out at get-togethers. A great example of a mocktail is a Shirley Temple, which is said to be the original mocktail! Think ginger ale, cherries, lemon, and fizz in a tall classic glass. It’s sweet, bubbly, and a very cute example of a well-known classic mocktail!
Zero Booze, Zero Problems
If you’re craving something light and refreshing without the booze, I’ve got you covered with this fizzy tropical mocktail! It’s perfectly sweet, slightly spicy, and bright in flavor. The sweetness not only comes from the drink itself but also from the minty sugar rim. The kick of spice comes from the ginger beer, and the brightness comes from the fruit juices and fresh mint leaves. Plus, since there’s no booze in this drink, you don’t have to worry about the negative side effects you’ve maybe dealt with before… like a hangover!! Zero booze, zero problems!
This Pineapple Ginger Beer Mocktail is:
- Quick and easy to make
- Sweet, but not sickly sweet
- Fresh, light, and bright
- Slightly spicy
If you make my pineapple ginger beer mocktail or any of my recipes, don’t forget to post a picture to Instagram, tag me @chefsummerstorm, and #gardengrub so I can see your recreation!
Pineapple Ginger Beer Mocktail
- Finely chop two of the mint leaves and mix them with the sugar on a small plate. Then, add the agave nectar to another small plate.
- Coat the outer rim of a short glass in the agave, then firmly press it in the mint sugar to coat it thoroughly. Set the glass in the freezer.
- Add the other 12 mint leaves, ginger, and lime juice to your cocktail shaker (or a tall glass) and muddle them together until the ginger and mint are well broken up.
- Add the pineapple juice and six ice cubes to the shaker and shake 20 times.
- Fill your prepared glass from the freezer with ice cubes and strain the cocktail shaker mixture into it.
- Garnish with a lime wheel and a fresh mint leaf!