If you love breakfast… you need to make these vegan egg rolls ASAP! They are the perfect combination of salty, sweet, spicy, crunchy, crispy, and chewy. I’m obsessed, and I’m optimistic you will be, too, when you give them a try!
The filling is made of classic, traditional breakfast ingredients.
This may come as a surprise to you, but these are super easy to make!
This vegan egg roll filling is seriously SO simple. The only “difficult” part of this recipe is the wrapping. After you’ve wrapped about three, though, it’s easy-peasy and quick. And deep-frying? It’s not rocket science!
Are you a zombie in the mornings?
I’m personally a morning person, but that doesn’t always mean I want to roll egg rolls at 7 A.M., haha. Since this recipe requires wrapping and deep-frying, they do take a little effort. So, what I prefer to do most of the time is to make these for dinner instead of breakfast. Growing up, breakfast for dinner was a fun treat, and I feel the same way as an adult. I almost feel a little naughty when I do it because it’s not “normal.” You know your life is… lame… when you feel naughty for eating breakfast for dinner. Haha.
Do not get me started on the Tabasco maple syrup!
I am very passionate about this sauce. Just try to imagine… heaven in a sauce form. It’s the best combination of salty, sweet, and spicy. It’s the easiest sauce to whip up as it’s just pure maple syrup and Tabasco hot sauce whisked together. The two create something beautiful, and it pairs perfectly with the breakfast egg rolls!
If you make these breakfast vegan egg rolls, don’t forget to post a picture to Instagram, tag me @chefsummerstorm, and #gardengrub so I can see your recreation!
Breakfast Vegan Egg Rolls with Tabasco Maple Syrup
- 1 quart vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 "Pure Life" maple sausage patties
- 1 bottle Just Egg
- 3 green onions, diced small
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 hashbrown patties
- 3/4 cup shredded vegan cheddar cheese
- 8 "Nasoya" vegan egg roll wraps
Tobasco Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, 100% pure
- 1 tbsp Tabasco hot sauce
Egg Roll Filling
- Cook the hashbrown patties according to the directions. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Cut the patties into thirds through the long way. Set aside to cool down.
- Add the vegetable oil to a large saute pan over medium heat and largely crumble in the sausage. Saute for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the bottle of Just Egg and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the diced green onions, salt, and pepper, and cook for 1 more minute.
- Place the egg mix in a bowl and into the refrigerator to cool down completely.
How to Assemble the Egg Rolls
- Place an egg roll wrapper down, with one of the corners facing you.
- First, put down a slice of hashbrown patty horizontally in the center, but closer to you.
- Then put 2 tablespoons of the egg mix on top of the hashbrown.
- Top the egg mix with a heaping tablespoon of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Lightly wet the top corner and top edges with water.
- Now, take the corner of the wrapper closest to you and wrap it over the filling. Then fold in the two outer edges onto the middle. Then roll the entire thing up to the top corner and seal the edge.
How to Deep Fry the Egg Rolls
- Preheat a deep fryer or a large saucepan filled with vegetable oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Deep fry 2-3 egg rolls at a time for 2 minutes. Flip them over halfway through and hold them down with a pair of metal tongs if they try to flip back over.
- Gently pull the egg rolls out with a pair of metal tongs or a spider, hold them over the oil for a few seconds to drip off the excess fat. Then place them on a paper towel-lined baking sheet to cool down and get rid of any extra oil as well.
Tabasco Maple Syrup
- Stir the 2 ingredients together until well combined!