These soba noodles are tossed in a creamy, spicy peanut sauce with veggie slaw, then topped with peanuts, sesame seeds, and cilantro. This soba noodle recipe is quick and super easy to make, and packed with flavor. So if you’re looking for a fun, new dish to make, give my vegan soba noodle salad with spicy peanut sauce a try. You won’t be disappointed!
What are Soba Noodles?
Soba noodles are a famous Japanese pasta made from buckwheat flour and water. Sometimes they also contain whole wheat flour to keep the noodles in better tact. Soba cooks relatively just like any other pasta, except they have a habit of sticking together, so make sure not to overcrowd them and to stir often! Soba noodles can be eaten hot or cold, and they have a very plain flavor, making them a versatile ingredient.
Your New Favorite Cold Noodle Dish
Cold noodles might seem.. off-putting. However, these cold soba noodles tossed with veggie slaw and spicy peanut sauce are anything but off-putting. Seriously, I could eat these noodles EVERY day.
I toss cold soba noodles with my creamy, slightly spicy peanut sauce with shredded veggies, such as purple cabbage, carrots, Brussels sprouts, and green onions. I garnish the dish with peanuts, white sesame seeds, and fresh cilantro leaves.
Not only does this salad look beautiful because of all of the colors, but it tastes even better! This vegan soba noodle salad is creamy, crunchy, spicy, and always hits the spot. Feel free to cook up your favorite tofu and serve it atop the noodle dish for an even higher protein meal!
If you make my vegan cold soba noodle salad recipe, don’t forget to post a picture to Instagram, tag me @chefsummerstorm, and #gardengrub so I can see your recreation!
Cold Vegan Soba Noodle Salad with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 8 ounce package soba noodles
- 1 cup raw purple cabbage, thinly sliced into roughly 2-inch strips
- 1 cup raw Brussels sprouts, remove the tips, cut Brussels in half, and thinly shave them
- 1 cup raw carrots, peeled and thinly shaved into roughly 2-inch strips using a peeler
- 3 green onions, julienned
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Roasted peanuts
- White sesame seeds
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Cook the soba noodles according to the package instructions. Then, hold them in ice-cold water while preparing the rest of the recipe.
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and stir until evenly combined.
How to Assemble the Salad
- Drain off the soba noodles and add them to a large mixing bowl with all prepared veggies and peanut sauce. Toss until everything is well combined and evenly coated in the sauce.
- To serve, garnish with your desired amount of roasted peanuts, white sesame seeds, and cilantro leaves. Enjoy fresh or chilled!