This vegan dunkaroo dip is a copycat recipe based on the popular sweet treat from the 90s! This dip is essentially a cake batter flavored frosting with sprinkles mixed throughout, making it the perfect sweet treat to dip animal crackers! This vegan dunkaroo dip is easy and takes only ten minutes to put together!
90s throwback, baby!
Boy, oh boy, I hope we can all agree that the 90s were a fun era! Granted, I don’t remember much of it because I was born in the mid-early 90s, BUT looking back at photos and videos, it seemed like a great ten years, haha. Plus, much 90s nostalgia dragged over into the early 2000s, which I do remember somewhat! ANYWAYS, this dunkaroo dip was poppin’ off in the 90s and for good reasons! Who doesn’t love animal crackers dipped into cake batter flavored frosting with rainbow sprinkles???
This vegan dunkaroo dip is SO incredibly easy and quick to prepare!
I first bake off a box of vanilla cake mix to kill off any harmful bacteria that may be in the flour. A short five minutes in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit does the trick on ensuring that the dip is safe to eat!
Then, once the cake mix has completely cooled down, I stir in rainbow sprinkles, which BY THE WAY, I am most definitely kicking myself in the butt for not looking on Amazon sooner for authentic animal cracker sprinkles! I found some AFTER I created my dunkaroo dip recipe and am jealous of any of you who make this recipe with those beautiful sprinkles I have kindly linked in the written recipe!
Next, I stir in whipped cream, vanilla yogurt, and vanilla extract. Once everything is evenly combined, I freeze it for at least two hours. The dip can be eaten immediately, but the texture will be a bit loose, and that is why I recommend freezing it first!
Serve this vegan dunkaroo dip with:
- Animal crackers
- Graham crackers
- Eat it straight with a spoon 😉
If you make my homemade vegan dunkaroo dip recipe, don’t forget to post a picture to Instagram, tag me @chefsummerstorm, and #gardengrub so I can see your recreation!
How to Make EASY Vegan Dunkaroo Dip
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a large sheet pan with a piece of parchment paper and spread the box of cake mix across it evenly.
- Bake the cake mix on the middle oven rack for 5 minutes. This will ensure the flour is cooked and safe to eat!
- Allow the cake mix to cool COMPLETELY, then dump it into a large mixing bowl.
- Break up any clumps of the cake mix back into its original powder texture with your hands.
- Add in the sprinkles and mix until evenly combined.
- Now, add in the whipped cream, yogurt, and vanilla extract.
- Using a rubber spatula, stir everything together until just combined. Avoid over-mixing! I try not to mix the dip more than necessary because often, when you mix foods that contain starches (like the tapioca starch in the whipped cream I use), it can create a gooey texture.
- Scrape the dip into a container and top with as many more sprinkles as your heart desires! Then, place it in the freezer to chill for at least two hours to rethicken slightly.
- Store the dunkaroo dip in the refrigerator, preferably in the coldest spot! Alternatively, you can store this in the freezer to create a similar texture to ice cream!
- Serve with vegan animal crackers and enjoy!
Check out some of my other delicious copycat recipes!
- Vegan Wild Berry Pop-Tarts
- Vegan McDonald’s Steak, Egg, & Cheese Bagel Breakfast Sandwich
- Vegan Chicken, Broccoli, & Cheddar Hot Pockets
- Vegan Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- Vegan Shake Shack Shroom Burger
SAVE THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST!