Do you love cauliflower wings but hate all of the fuss that can come along with making them!? Then this recipe is perfect for you! It requires just one bowl. There’s no back-and-forth battering, the recipe takes less than 10 minutes to prepare, and it’s mess-free! These baked vegan cauliflower wings are slightly crispy, perfectly tender, saucy, and flavorful!
One bowl is all you need to make this cauliflower wing recipe!
I whisk together all-purpose flour, a few common seasonings and spices, and almond milk. Once smooth, I toss the large cauliflower florets in and evenly coat them in the batter. Then, I sprinkle over a handful of panko breadcrumbs and toss again. I love the addition of the breadcrumbs because it helps make the wings a bit crispier. I then lay the battered cauliflower on a baking sheet, spray them with cooking oil, and bake them until crisp. From the oven, I toss them in my favorite BBQ sauce and Frank’s Red Hot Sauce. These vegan cauliflower wings are absolutely divine!
Quick and easy; music to my ears!
As much as I LOVE deep-fried cauliflower wings, I don’t enjoy the time and mess that comes along with making them. That’s just one reason why I’m obsessed with these baked cauliflower wings. They’re straightforward and quick to make. These vegan wings take me less than ten minutes to put together, and the recipe creates almost no mess in my kitchen!
Pick a GOOD quality BBQ sauce!
Using a good quality BBQ sauce is so important! It’s the main ingredient you’re going to be tasting when eating the vegan cauliflower wings. Of course, you will taste the cauliflower and its batter a bit, but you will mainly taste whatever sauce you douse the cauliflower in. My go-to BBQ sauce is this one because it is a tad cleaner and organic! I also love my vegan wings to be spicy, so I ALWAYS add a splash of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce. With that being said, feel free to get creative and toss these vegan wings in whatever sauce your heart desires!
Not too sure what to eat with these vegan cauliflower wings!?
- The Only Vegan Mac and Cheese Recipe You Need (This mac and cheese would be INCREDIBLE topped with these BBQ wings!)
- Extremely Quick and Easy Cheesy Pasta Salad
If you make this cauliflower wing recipe, don’t forget to post a picture to Instagram, tag me @chefsummerstorm, and #gardengrub so I can see your recreation!
Super Easy One-Bowl Baked Vegan Cauliflower Wings
- 4 cups large bite-size cauliflower florets (About 1/2 a head of cauliflower)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup + 3 tbsp plain, unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp favorite BBQ sauce
- 2 tbsp Frank's Red Hot Sauce (Optional)
- Cooking oil spray of choice
- Preheat the oven the 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large sheet pan with a piece of parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a wide, shallow, large bowl, whisk together the flour, seasonings and spices, and almond milk until completely smooth.
- Add the cauliflower pieces into the batter and toss to coat, making sure each piece of cauliflower is well coated.
- Sprinkle the panko bread crumbs over the battered cauliflower and quickly toss to evenly coat them.
- Generously spray the prepared baking sheet with your cooking oil spray.
- Evenly lay across the battered cauliflower onto the sheet pan. Spray the tops of the battered cauliflower with cooking oil spray.
- Bake the cauliflower on the middle oven rack for 15 minutes. Gently flip the cauliflower over, spray the tops with more cooking oil spray, and bake them for another 15 minutes.
- Allow the cauliflower to cool for about 3 minutes, then place them into a large mixing bowl. (Allowing them to rest for a couple of minutes will prevent them from going soft less quickly.) Pour the BBQ sauce, and Frank's Red Hot Sauce if using, and toss the cauliflower until they are evenly coated.