Easy Vegan Pear and Blackberry Crisp
This pear and blackberry crisp is phenomenal! The sweet cinnamon pears and blackberries are topped with a buttery, pecan-oat mixture and baked until golden brown and crumbly. Serve this with a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream, and you have yourself an easy, delicious dessert for the colder season!
Pear & Berry Base
- 3 cups pears of choice, peeled and thinly sliced (about 1/8th inch thick)
- 3 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp organic brown sugar
- 1 cup plain, raw pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp vegan butter, COLD, plus more for greasing the baking dish (I use the brand Earth Balance.)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9-inch baking dish with butter.
Toss all of the pear and berry base ingredients together in a large bowl. Pour this evenly into the greased baking dish and set it aside.
Evenly combine all of the ingredients for the crumble topping in a large mixing bowl, EXCEPT for the butter.
Break the COLD butter into small chunks and toss them into the bowl of the dry mixture. Now, rub all of the ingredients in between the palms of your hands to create a crumble-like texture. Rub this mixture until the butter is nearly completely incorporated into the dry mix.
Dump the crumble topping evenly over the pears and blackberries.
Set the baking dish on the middle oven rack and bake it for 30 minutes.
Allow the crisp to cool down for 10 minutes. The crumble topping will crisp up and harden once it cools down. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream!