I think this latte is genuinely the coziest fall drink you may ever lay your eyes upon and hopefully get to taste! It is a classic vegan pumpkin spice latte but with the addition of vegan cookie butter, AKA heaven! Think pumpkin meets gingerbread cookies! This vegan pumpkin spice latte is rich and creamy, full of flavor and spices, and will give you the kick of energy you’re looking for!
This is better than your local coffee shops’ lattes!
The MOMENT fall hits; heck, even before fall hits, we all run to our local coffee shop to order a PSL. Hitting your local coffee shop regularly can empty your wallet real quick, so that’s why I’ve decided to create a luxurious vegan latte that you can make at home! BTW, this latte tastes just as good of quality compared to any you would be ordering out. If not, better!
You do NOT need an espresso machine!
I know you are probably thinking, ugh, I can’t make this because I don’t have a fancy-shmancy espresso machine! Well, neither do I! So instead, I have a $10.00 coffee grinder and a $10.00 French Press! To make espresso, I grind coffee beans, steep the grinds in hot water, and press them. Of course, you don’t even need to grind coffee beans if you don’t want to. You can instead use pre-ground coffee, although I always recommend grinding your own for the best flavor. In the latte recipe below, I also included the recipe for making French press coffee for your convenience!
This vegan pumpkin spice latte is EASY to make.
I add coconut milk, pumpkin puree, cookie butter, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract to a saucepan. I warm this on the stove while whisking until it is nice and smooth and hot. Then, I use a handheld frother to create some volume to the milk and make it slightly frothy. This step can also be done in a blender or skipped entirely! Then, I pour it into a tall glass along with my homemade espresso and stir it well. Lastly, I top it with a hefty portion of vegan whipped cream, melted cookie butter, pumpkin pie spice, and a crushed biscoff cookie! Voila, you have a super cozy, rich, creamy, flavorful fall latte in just around ten to fifteen minutes!
If you make my vegan pumpkin cookie butter latte, don’t forget to post a picture to Instagram, tag me @chefsummerstorm, and #gardengrub so I can see your recreation!
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte with Cookie Butter
French Press Espresso (Yields about three 1 ounce shots of espresso)
- 1/2 cup coffee beans of choice
- 1 cup water
Pumpkin Cookie Butter Latte
- 1 to 2 shots espresso (1 shot=1 ounce or 2 tablespoons. I always do 2 shots!)
- 1 1/2 cups plain, unsweetened plant milk of choice (I use Silk's coconut milk)
- 3 tbsp canned pure pumpkin puree (Do NOT use pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 tbsp store-bought vegan cookie butter (I use Trader Joe's Speculoos Cookie Butter)
- 1 tbsp organic brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Canned vegan whipped cream
- 1 tbsp vegan cookie butter, warmed in the microwave for 5-10 seconds(just until melted)
- A dash of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 vegan biscoff cookie (I use the brand Lotus)
How to Make Espresso Using a French Press
- Using a coffee grinder, grind the coffee beans into a coarsely fine texture. The texture should be fine but not super powdery. Next, put the ground coffee into your french press. *I also like to add in a TINY pinch of kosher salt!
- Add the water to a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Pour the boiling water into the french press, stir well, place the lid on top but do NOT press it down, and let this rest for 4 minutes.
- After 4 minutes, you can very slowly press the lid down, which will push the liquid up, giving you espresso! One shot of espresso equals one ounce or two tablespoons.
Pumpkin Cookie Butter Latte
- Add all of the ingredients EXCEPT for the espresso into a small saucepan and place it over medium-low heat. Slowly whisk and cook the mixture until all ingredients are completely dissolved and the milk is hot.
- This step is more optional, but I like to pour my hot milk mixture into a large jar and whisk it with a handheld frother to ensure the milk is super smooth, plus it adds volume and a slightly frothy texture. You can also do this in a high-powered blender! Or, you can skip this step altogether, as long as you whisk the mixture well in the pan to dissolve the ingredients.
- To assemble the latte, first, pour the shot(s) of espresso into your tall glass of choice. Then pour the hot milk mixture on top and stir the two together until well combined. To garnish, top the latte with whipped cream, a drizzling of melted cookie butter, a dash of pumpkin pie spice, and a crushed biscoff cookie!
Check out these other incredible fall sweet treats!
- Coffee Cream Filled Vegan Donut Holes
- Chewy Vegan Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Vegan Pear and Blackberry Crisp
- Saltine Cracker Vegan Toffee
- Easy Vegan Apple Turnovers
- Healthy Vegan Caramel Apple Popcorn
- Pumpkin Blondies with White Chocolate & Pecans
- Soft and Chewy Vegan Snickerdoodles
SAVE THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST!